Oklahoma family court determines child custody and visitation by what is in the best interest of the child. While there are standard visitation orders (schedule), parents may create a custody and visitation schedule that works best for their family. In most cases, the court approves these schedules. We help parents work toward an agreement in negotiation and mediation. When necessary, however, we will fight for clients at trial.

Parents often benefit from the help of knowledgeable family law attorneys when working out custody arrangements. The attorneys at Wilson Law Stephens Swafford Law PLLC have dedicated their careers to working with families to create a parenting plan that will work for them. They are skilled at counseling parents on how to think about working together in the future for the benefit of their children. In addition, they can assist clients with custody modifications, child support, paternity, grandparent visitation, and temporary placement of children.

For a consultation with a Stillwater child custody attorney, please call 405.332.5577.

Custody And Support Determinations

Child custody is divided into legal and physical custody. Parents may be granted sole or joint legal, or physical custody. In most cases, some type of joint custody arrangement is best for the children.

If one parent is granted primary physical custody, the noncustodial parent will have visitation. Attorneys Wilson, Stephens, and Swafford create a visitation schedule and joint physical custody plan that helps parents get started on custody arrangements as well as deciding some critical legal and moral child-rearing issues.

Child support must also be addressed in custody cases. The state’s support guidelines are based on the income of each parent, the cost of raising the children, and the cost of health insurance for the children. Not much deviation is allowed from the guidelines, but we can argue for you if special circumstances require an exception.

Speak With A Lawyer To Learn About Your Rights

To schedule a consultation, please call 405.332.5577 or contact us online.